[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: Feature Request - NNTP Magic Shaper
 Date:  Tue, 04 Jan 2005 15:34:10 -0500
Justin Ellison wrote:

> I'm actually about 80% done with this.  It's working, I just need to
> figure out the best way to deal with large IPSec transfers killing the
> VoIP traffic.  I have a test Vonage box that I have yet to hook up and
> test.  There's supposed to be up to 15 inches of snow here today, so
> maybe I'll get some time soon ;-)

I'd like to offer some encouragement to you if you're working on this.
I use m0n0wall and asterisk as a SIP proxy. I frequently route SIP traffic
over IPSec and non-IPSec interfaces. I'd *love* to see SIP added to the
traffic shaper. Large downloads tend to seriously degrade my SIP
connections, and that's not a good thing in a mixed SIP + non-SIP network.

BTW, how are you identifying SIP/RTP data in order to give it higher priority?

Also, is it possible to add a rule to my current shaper configs now? Does
anyone have a working set of shaper rules for SIP/RTP?

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,