[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Justin Ellison <justin at techadvise dot com>
 To:  jesse at wingnet dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: Feature Request - NNTP Magic Shaper
 Date:  Tue, 04 Jan 2005 16:16:58 -0600
On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 15:34 -0500, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> Also, is it possible to add a rule to my current shaper configs now? Does
> anyone have a working set of shaper rules for SIP/RTP?

I was unable to get this to work by using queues, but by giving SIP it's
own dedicated pipes, I was able to isolate it from IPSec.  The downfall
to this approach is that if that pipe isn't being used for SIP, it
doesn't get used for anything else either.

If you have one upload pipe and one download pipe, decrease the
bandwidth by however much you need for reliable VoIP (80-100 worked for
my test) on each pipe.  Now create two new pipes at that bandwidth.
Create some quick rules to grab UDP 10000-20000 to and from your SIP
IP's, and redirect them directly to the dedicated pipes.  This should
work for you, but it's off the top of my head.  Let me know how you
fare.

Justin