[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: RE: Feature Request - NNTP Magic Shaper
 Date:  Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:02:13 -0500
Vincent Fleuranceau wrote:

>> I was unable to get this to work by using queues, but by giving SIP it's
>> own dedicated pipes, I was able to isolate it from IPSec.  The downfall
>> to this approach is that if that pipe isn't being used for SIP, it
>> doesn't get used for anything else either.
>>

> This is why we need OpenBSD's PF with its nice "borrow bandwidth"
> feature ;-)

A 5.3 kernel is the prerequisite for PF, right? I just got a nifty
new USB 802.11b Prism 3 chipset NIC, shipped to my door, for about
$15 from eCost.com. It's a Syntax USB-400. I can't wait to try it
with Linux and FreeBSD 5.3, and if it works, I'll be really
itching for a 5.3 kernel in m0n0wall as 4.x doesn't support the
Prism 3 chipset. :)

Does anyone have a 5.3 migration roadmap yet? Perhaps that would
help us plan the move...

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,