[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lewis Edwards" <lewis dot edwards at esi dash group dash na dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Trouble implementing PPTP VPN
 Date:  Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:28:12 -0600
I am running firmware 1.11 (Nov 11 23:02:41 CET 2004).  I followed the
instructions in the PPTP section of the documentation to configure my
m0n0wall as a VPN server (checked "Enable PPTP server" and filled in the
"Server Address" and "Remote Address Range" fields).  Then I created a PPTP
VPN user.

I cannot connect with either a Windows 2000 or Windows XP VPN client.  I am
pointing them at the IP address for the WAN interface.  Windows 2000 returns
"Error 678: There was no answer" and Windows XP returns "Error 800: Unable
to establish connection".  There are no entries in the System log or the
Firewall log when I attempt to connect.

Am I missing something trivial?  I welcome any and all mocking provided it
comes with a resolution.  :)  Thanks in advance.