[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Turning on and off a port at certain time....Please help
 Date:  Thu, 6 Jan 2005 16:58:01 -0500
On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 22:41:04 +0100, Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 06.01.2005, 14:05 -0700 schrieb Zadikem, Travis-taz:
> > the port back on and they could use it again.  Normally I would create a crontab or similar. Is
there a way
> > to do this.  The port is 5281 across VPN.
>
> Then use minicron:
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=93&actionargs[]=66

For this particular purpose, minicron probably wouldn't work out
properly.  If you need to execute something every X seconds (whatever
X might be) no matter what time of the day that happens to be,
minicron is the answer.  You can't reliably set a particular time to
execute something with minicron.

You can use a script and cron on a system on your LAN to accomplish this.

-Chris