[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "'mono'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Networking pros
 Date:  Fri, 7 Jan 2005 10:05:12 -0500
stfuhello wrote:
> Please i need help. Hi guys ive been trying to access a  radmin
server
> on a static ip over the net. The radmin client im trying to access
the
> server with, is on the lan side of my m0n0wall and i cant connect.
The
> radmin server is behind a router of which ive ive fowarded the
> required ports. Im guessing i have to create an outbound rule for
the
> radmin client ? on the nat page? if so whereabouts?
> http://img83.exs.cx/img83/1082/n00b5qf.jpg   A,B,C?
> http://www.famatech.com/ <-radmin     . I would also like to set up
> ftp eventually

I want to start with, I do not have *ANY* experience with radmin. I
quickly looked at the FAQ on the fumatech site.

Inbound NAT for 4899 to the Internal IP of the machine running radmin
should do the trick (with auto-firewall rule checked...) From the
client you would connect to the WAN IP of your m0n0wall.

If you wish to use a different public IP than your WAN IP then you
would setup a Server NAT (i.e. define external to internal IP
relationship), then create an Inbound NAT (with auto-firewall rule).

What does your Inbound NAT and Firewall Rules look like?

James W. McKeand