[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "K.C. Callis" <k underscore c underscore callis at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Design help
 Date:  Fri, 07 Jan 2005 12:44:22 -0800
I am designing a firewall to support 3 (and possibly 4) interfaces in my
firewall. The first interface would be for external internet connections,
the second for internal LAN, and the last is for a connection to multiple
Access Points. This is for support of a WISP, and I have been using
Smoothwall, thinking about migrating to IPCop, although I am please with how
*BSD works, especially with IPFW and dealing with good lock down.

My question is, can I take mutiple AP, connect the to a switch, run the
switch into the 3rd interface, and have the AP interface act as a seperate
network segment. IPCop 1.4 does a seperate interface for wireless, but
unfortunately it doesn't support multiple APs. My wireless interface needs
to handle class B addressing, and I must be able to handle multiple AP
coming through the single interface. Furthermore, I need to maintain the web
interface accessibility (although I guess I could just script things and see
if I could  make it work.).

Kim C. Callis
k underscore c underscore callis at hotmail dot com