[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Robert Rich <rrich at gstisecurity dot com>
 To:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 Cc:  'Morten Trab' <mailing at trab dot dk>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Booting from harddrive = Read Error on boot
 Date:  Sat, 08 Jan 2005 12:09:44 -0500
Morten,

I had the exact same problem, and it turned out the boot loader wasn't
really able to deal with the image for some reason (this was an old dual
processor hp vectra).

I grabbed sbootmgr from the Slackware distro, burned the image to
floppy, and let it boot the freebsd partition.

Worked like a champ!

Here's my posting from December:

http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=117&actionargs[]=23