[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mika <mikata at gmail dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Error: Outbound Blocking
 Date:  Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:30:13 +0100
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:08:15 +0100, mika <mikata at gmail dot com> wrote:
> > Hi guys, i am just frustrated right now. I got the default LAN -> any
> > rule allow on LAN Interface. I Set up Port 3724, 6112 and range 6881 -
> > 6999 to my PC for using Blizzard Downloader (WoW Beta).
>
> a.k.a. BitTorrent.  :)
Oh i'm sorry, thats the router of a friend of mine, he just tought me
that ports to forward.

> I've seen the same on BT traffic before, but didn't bother checking
> into it at the time.  I'll see if I can replicate it later and see
> what rule is dropping it.
> It doesn't cause any problems though, or at least never did for me.
I only get around 13 KB/s, and i even dont know if that is only WoW.
So this should be faster, shouldn't it?

And: there are other mysterious logs, for example port 3724 ->
192.168.0.20, port 2406, but that port is not forwarded at all.
Therefore that must be a Client-emitted connection, but why is mono
blocking it then?