[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  mika <mikata at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Error: Outbound Blocking
 Date:  Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:03:58 -0500
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:30:13 +0100, mika <mikata at gmail dot com> wrote:

> I only get around 13 KB/s, and i even dont know if that is only WoW.
> So this should be faster, shouldn't it?

Depends.  The speed of BitTorrent (and hence WoW) varies dramatically
depending on how many people are uploading (and how much) compared to
how many are downloading.  Just like any other P2P app.

> And: there are other mysterious logs, for example port 3724 ->
> 192.168.0.20, port 2406, but that port is not forwarded at all.
> Therefore that must be a Client-emitted connection, but why is mono
> blocking it then?

I've also seen that with BT, at least it seems like it was those same
port numbers, somewhere around there at least.

Go to /status.php and paste me 'last 50 filter log entries' showing
some of this dropped traffic, and all of 'ipfstat -nio' from that
screen.  Anonymize it, or email it to me offlist if you don't feel
comfortable publicly posting it.  That'll tell me which rule is
blocking it, then I can explain why it's being blocked, hopefully.  ;)

-Chris