[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  'Serge Huber' <serge at think dash simple dot ch>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] transparent proxy from WLAN to LAN
 Date:  Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:19:22 +0000
Hi,

That usually happens when the proxy receives a request that has been
transparently intercepted whilst it isn't set up for transparency.

The proxy will need to know the intended destination address so I guess
you'd need something like WCCP or GRE between the firewall and proxy
server in order to pass the necessary info through.  I've not tried
either of those as I prefer telling the browser that it is using a
browser, although I do understand why you are trying to use transparency
in this case.

Hope this Helps,

                                Neil.