[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Justin Sirois" <justin at onthez dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Compatible Gigabit NICs
 Date:  Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:50:29 -0600
I have my m0n0wall setup and working on my 10/100 network.  I am now ready to upgrade to a
10/100/1000 network.  I have a switch and NICs picked out for every system except for my generic/PC
m0n0wall.

I have read that Intel Pro/1000 cards work with m0n0wall, and also that the beta 1.2b1 "added more
Ethernet drivers (esp. Gigabit Ethernet) for generic-pc/cdrom"

When I look at the compatible cards for the standard v1.11, it seems difficult to find one that will
work.
Intel PRO/1000 Gigabit Ethernet - except for the ones based on 82541 which is entire GT and MT line
(the only ones that are currently in stock, at least where I am looking)
The other choices are
3Com 3c996-SX, 3c996-T - These cards cost $150+ USD not exactly in my budget

Netgear GA302T - No jumbo frame support
SysKonnect SK-9D21 and 9D41 - Froogle couldn't find either of these

Does anyone have a suggestion for a card that will work/is available/supports Jumbo Frames/is under
$50?  Does anyone know what cards or chipsets were added with 1.2b1 beta?  I searched the
development mailing list but found nothing regarding this.  Thanks very much!