[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Daniel L. Hunter" <dhunter at TechMethods dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  M0n0wall Consulting
 Date:  Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:44:48 -0500
I hope this question isn't inappropriate in this forum.  If so, I apologize.

I notice that a lot of the people on this mailing list are consultants,
as am I (I mostly create websites and web based applications for small
businesses, but I also do some simple networking and general
consulting).  I'm currently using M0n0wall to protect several different
networks.  My question is this; Is anyone selling M0n0wall as a solution
to their clients?  Do you find that M0n0wall mature enough as a product
to sell?  Am I way out of line even asking such a question?  I
appreciate all of the hard work that Manuel and everyone else has put
into this great tool and certainly wouldn't want to step on anyone's
toes.  I wouldn't actually be selling the firewall as much as charging
for my time setting up and configuring it.  And, of course, I would
fully follow the license agreement.  I just think M0n0wall is an
incredibly valuable tool and that there would be a market for this kind
of service.

Are the makers of (and contributors to) M0n0wall opposed to people
making money off of this great product?  In general, how do you all feel
about consultants making money off of open source tools?

Thanks for your input.