[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall Consulting
 Date:  Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:01:27 -0500 (EST)
Chris Buechler said:
>  The only time I'd recommend a commercial solution over m0n0wall
>  is when there's some specific custom features that the client needs
> that can't be found in a non-commercial system.

I'm using m0n0wall to provide VPN service on a WISP (wannabe).
The VPN works, the IPSec tunnel between m0n0's works,
and recently I got port-forwarding working, so I can
soon phase out my pebble linux router.

In daylight, I'm a mild-mannered ...programmer
for a hospital.  They are a Nortel shop.
I would love to hear about people's experience in
choosing m0n0wall instead of Nortel or as a replacement
for Nortel or other commercial product.

When I mentioned m0n0wall to the big boss, he asked
how it handles routes.  I takie it he means large
scale routing tables.  I guess Nortel has tools for this?

(I am not in networks, I am just a serious sysadmin
on their network :-)

Seth