[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] can't access to a domain name which is hosted in my LAN
 Date:  Wed, 12 Jan 2005 02:14:03 -0500
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:50:27 -0800, Mike Razavi <mike at havepc dot com> wrote:

> The only problem I currently have is I can't access to the domain names
> that I am hosting with my server from LAN. On the other hand these
> domain names are fully accessible from outside (WAN).
>
> I looked at the FAQ 13.3 but couldn't fix my issue. Maybe I did
> something wrong even after reading this FAQ!

That FAQ is what you're running into.

Either your LAN hosts aren't using m0n0wall's LAN IP as their DNS
server, you didn't set up the DNS override properly, or your hosts
were still using a cached DNS answer.  Check what DNS server your LAN
hosts are using, if you're running Windows 2000/XP, ipconfig/flushdns
at a command prompt will flush the DNS resolver cache (or just
reboot).

Is the DNS name resolving properly to the private IP?  You can use
nslookup at a command prompt, or just ping the host name and see what
IP it resolves to there.

-Chris