[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  "Abdul Aziz" <aaziz at justbooking dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] Block msn and yahoo messenger
 Date:  Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:51:24 +0100
Hi,

you can sent the logon domainnames of the messengers to nirvana by entering DNS-entrys in your

(for example something like: logon.yahoo.com). If you use the m0n0 for DNS just add the DNS-entries
there. Use google to find the logondomains of the messengerservices. No logon, no chat! ;-)
Of course this could be overriden by using another DNS-Server or entering DNS-entries in a local

right? There are also Webversions of the Messengers, if you want to block those too specify also
entries for these like "go.icq.com".

native ports are blocked, so the only way with mono I know is using fake DNS-entries.

Regards,
Holger Bauer