[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mat Johns <mbj202 at ecs dot soton dot ac dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall Consulting
 Date:  Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:57:26 +0000
Yes, Ive gone to the stage of combining the two as well, I have a WRAP box
running m0n0BSD sitting on my roof providing OSPF routing over the SOWN
(Southampton Open Wireless Network) network. Then a crossover cable down to a
DMZ interface on my m0n0wall box to allow wireless users access to the
internet via m0n0's truely first class bandwidth throttler.

Both obviously have different roles as m0n0wall isnt primarily designed to be
a router (no OSFP or RIP) and m0n0BSD isnt designed to be a firewall (no IPF).

On the whole m0n0wall consulting thing, at the end of the day Manuel and the
rest of the team have built a truely superb product, but as an opensource
project it cant directly generate revenue. However support in setup and use is
one area where people/companies could require assistance. As long a people
dont see selling m0n0 as a "get rich quick" scheme and can contribute in some
way to ensure m0n0wall's continued existance then its win win for everyone
involved.

~Mat Johns
http://cyberfish.org