[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Levi Masterson <lmasterson at hcocntf dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  [m0n0wall] PPTP Passthrough (and multiple outbound PPTP clients)?
 Date:  Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:40:59 -0600
I've recently started having (or just started noticing) issues with multiple
users trying to connect to remote PPTP VPN servers from within my network.

I have 6 users that sit on the LAN side of my m0n0wall that need to have
simultaneous access to a PPTP server across the WAN (internet) interface.

I did some reading back in the archives, and it looks like there were issues
with this back a year or so ago because of how FreeBSD could not track and
properly NAT multiple PPTP connections.

Is this still the case?  If so, does anyone have a suggestion on how to work
around this problem other than resurrecting my monster 1U firewall running
Linux+ IPTables + PPTP Conntrack?  It worked like a champ since it was built
and deployed, but I think m0n0's nice interface has made me lazy.

--Levi