[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michal <michal at vracov dash private dot net>
 To:  M0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Traffic shaping question
 Date:  Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:43:17 +0100
Hello people,
I'm still struggling to convert my previous debian based router to
m0n0wall and I ran into another problem I am unable to solve myself.
Sorry for keeping spamming the list with questions :-)

My current problem is related to the traffic shaping. I previously used
htb and was used to create stuff like this (just an example):

class 200kbit --> host1 100kbit, host2 100kbit, host3 100kbit

where all these 3 hosts share 200kbit of the bw. The total speed of
these hosts can't exceed the total 200kbit speed (it gets split between
the three of them) and one single host also can't exceed the 100kbit
limit.

The previous traffic shaping was more complicated, but the problem is
just how to accomplish these 2 things - 1 host has a limit he can't
exceed, but all of them can't exceed the total bw.

Any help would be really appreciated,
thanks.

--
Michal <michal at vracov dash private dot net>