[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mike Razavi" <mike at havepc dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] can't access to a domain name which is hosted in my LAN
 Date:  Wed, 12 Jan 2005 20:52:19 -0800
I think I found the problem but I am not sure yet.

Since I am using forwarders in my server to point my domains to the
proper ip address, so far I was using Host (A) which was pointing to the
actual public ip address. Now I just realized that it shouldn't point
back to the public ip address since this server is where the web pages
are loading from so I think it is supposed to have Alias (CNAME) as a
forwarder! When I changed Host (A) to Alias (CNAME) I was able to pull
up my webpages internally and externally.

Please advice.

Mike