[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Soenke J. Peters" <peters underscore underscore m0n0wall at opcenter dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall 1.2b3 on WRAP with RTL8139
 Date:  Thu, 13 Jan 2005 06:58:37 +0100
Hi m0n0wall users,

first let me say thx to the developers for this excellent software.

I recently added a RTL8139 Mini-PCI NIC to my WRAP board. After having
booted  and  seen  an  unknown  PCI device, I realized that there's no
RTL8139 (device rl) support compiled into the kernel.

Is  there  a  quick fix like copying over a precompiled module or do I
have to recompile the kernel (excuse me - I'm new to FreeBSD)?
In  case  of  the  latter  -  which patches need to get applied to the
kernel  (kernel-patches.tgz  doesn't  contain  any info regarding this
issue)?

Bye,
--
  ____           Soenke Jan Peters
 |_  _|           Rostock, Germany (54:03:34N, 12:07:39E)