[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Justin Sirois" <justin at onthez dot com>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Compatible Gigabit NICs
 Date:  Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:58:01 -0600
> Here are the supported gigabit drivers from
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads/M0N0WALL_GENERIC  (kernel config)
>
> device bge # Broadcom BCM570x (``Tigon III'')
> device em # Intel Pro/1000 (82542,82543,82544,82540)
> device gx # Intel Pro/1000 (82542, 82543)
> device lge # Level 1 LXT1001 (``Mercury'')
> device nge # NatSemi DP83820 and DP83821
> device sk # SysKonnect GEnesis
> device ti # Alteon (``Tigon I'', ``Tigon II'')
> device wx

Thanks for the link and info Chris, that happens to be where I started my
research too.

> There is no complete list of which cards that includes.  Since many
> different manufacturers use those chipsets, and they change chipsets
> all the time, even on the same model at times, it's virtually
> impossible to keep track.  Best you could do is find some cards that
> match your specs, then find out what chipset they use.
>
> -Chris

That has been my approach so far, and it's been utter failure.  None of the
cards on my Specs list match any of the cards on my Compatible chipset list.
There certainly may be one but not that I have been able to fine.

Is there any place to find out what chipsets were added to the 1.2b1 version
of m0n0wall?  I can't seem to find any documentation on it, but I'm still
very new at this so I might be checking in the wrong places.

Justin