[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  matthew at mksolutions dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DMZ / DNS questions
 Date:  Fri, 14 Jan 2005 00:08:41 -0500
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:04:08 -0600, Matthew Steinblock
<matthew at mksolutions dot net> wrote:

> I have a DNS server in the DMZ with the ip of 192.168.1.100.  On that same server a webserver is
running.  I am having a bit of confusion on how to hit that webserver in the LAN.  First question,
in the general setup, do I use the outside DNS servers.....or do I use the local 192.168.1.100?
Are there any other settings I need to adjust to make this work?

Doesn't really matter what you use on m0n0wall.  It matters what you
use on your clients.  If that webserver is hosting www.example.com and
public DNS points to the server's public IP, then machines on your LAN
aren't going to be able to get to www.example.com.  You'd need a DNS
override for www.example.com pointing to 192.168.1.100.

-Chris