[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  matthew at mksolutions dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DMZ / DNS questions
 Date:  Fri, 14 Jan 2005 01:12:18 -0500
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:30:52 -0600, Matthew Steinblock
<matthew at mksolutions dot net> wrote:
> Would this "over ride" be editing the host file?  I thought there was something in the firewall
that would "know" that you were trying to access that site in the DMZ from the LAN

Could be, but that's not the best/easiest way to do it.  Assuming
you'll be using m0n0wall as your LAN DNS server, see DNS forwarder
here:
http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/config-services.html

and this, whether or not m0n0wall will be your LAN DNS.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-lannat.html

-Chris