[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.2b3 on WRAP with RTL8139
 Date:  Fri, 14 Jan 2005 01:31:08 -0500
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 06:58:37 +0100, Soenke J. Peters
<peters underscore  underscore m0n0wall at opcenter dot de> wrote:
> Hi m0n0wall users,
>
> first let me say thx to the developers for this excellent software.
>
> I recently added a RTL8139 Mini-PCI NIC to my WRAP board. After having
> booted  and  seen  an  unknown  PCI device, I realized that there's no
> RTL8139 (device rl) support compiled into the kernel.

Using the generic-pc image might be a quick fix for that.

I'd stay away from recompiling the kernel if possible, as that could
get ugly fast.  All the patches are kernel patches, hence the
filename.  ;)
http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-patches.html

-Chris