[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Question about Point to Point VPN Using M0n0wall
 Date:  Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:07:30 -0500
Jeb Barger wrote:
> This a great product, however, I need to setup some point to point
> boxes around my work's wan.  I knew that one mwall will ipsec nicely
> to another, however, can it handle two connections?  For example,
> node A  IPSEC===>  Node B
> node A  IPSEC===>  Node C
>
> with only having one mwall at each site.  Can it be done?
>

> Jeb

Yes, it can be done. I would even suggest a Node B ===> Node C
connection to simplify the routing. This has been discussed before on
the list. If I remember correctly, the biggest question has been
sizing of the m0n0walls. I do not think embedded platforms are
suggested for this application. I may be wrong, someone correct if I
am...

Does anyone know the if there is a limit on tunnels you can establish,
or is it up to your hardware?

James W. McKeand