[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Josh McAllister" <josh at bluehornet dot com>
 To:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Question about Point to Point VPN Using M0n0wall
 Date:  Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:12:21 -0800
I have one Soekris box running 1.2b2 that terminates 4 IPSEC tunnels (2
m0n0 / 2 FreeSwan) all of which see a fairly steady flow of traffic, as
well as up to 10-12 PPTP connections all across 2xT1 (3Mb), while also
providing firewall/NAT services to about 30 internal hosts. I've never
seen load avg exceed 30% (Generally more like 20%). I'm using a 4801 w/
the 1211 VPN accelerator card. Total cost < $350 and it's been ROCK
solid for about 9 months and counting.

Hope that helps...

Josh McAllister