[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Wade Carpenter <wade at webfootcustomcalls dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall and setting a pause time before reconnect
 Date:  Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:04:01 -0700
Im a newbie to the nth degree... so forgive the poor terminolgy...
But I have not been able to find anything on this in my searches,
googles, and so forth...  as well, I am not smart enough yet to write my
own code let a lone understand and alter someone elses... but I have a
problem with my IPSec because my DSL is PPPoE and it "cycles" every 24
hours... which dumps my connection... and collapses the tunnel.  Then
m0n0wall reconnects automatically... but it does it too quickly... it
attempts to reconnect before the other side of the system is fully
disconnected... and that forces the loss of the static IP address.

Is there any way to get a setting in m0n0wall that will allow a
"timeout" for a specified time... like 5 minute wait to reconnect if it
gets disconnected...  Or some how slow the reconnect sequence?

I hope someone has a direction to point me... even if its a "search
*here* dummy"

Thanks in advance
Wade