[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dmitry Sorokin <dimon at intellinet dot ca>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP Pass-Through broken [1.2b2/3]
 Date:  Sat, 15 Jan 2005 12:25:07 -0700
Quoting Goetz Goerisch <ggoerisch at gmx dot net>:

> Hi Manuel,
>
> I have found today, that the PPTP Pass-Through in the default
> configuration is partly broken with 1.2b1 and completely broken with
> 1.2b2/3.
>
> With firmware 1.11 I could connect to an external PPTP server from the
> m0n0wall LAN regardsless of the m0n0wall PPTP server is active or not.
>
> With firmware 1.2b1 I could connect if the m0n0wall PPTP server is off.
>
> With firmware 1.2b2/3 I cannot anymore connect to an external PPTP server.
>
> Was there something changed, that one has to add some NAT/FW rules to
> allow PPTP Pass-Through explicit?
>
> Configuration:
> m0n0wall running on a wrap.1D-2 connecting via DSL (PPPoE)
>
> I'm pleased to help to nail-down this issue. m0n0wall is such a wonderful
> product.

I'm having the same issue too. When I'm connecting to external PPTP server from
the client running behind m0n0 it wouldn't pass the authentication phase, it's
just sitting thgere saying "Authenticating with username and password", but
then times out. It strange, but I only can successfully connect to another m0n0
running PPTP, but not any regular FreeBSD box, running the mpd with exactly the
same configuration as m0n0. I tried only 1.2b2/3, so I can't tell if it works
for me with 1.1 or 1.2b1

Also, I don't see WINS server configuration option for PPTP server in m0n0. I
think it makes sense to have since if the client connected to PPTP server
becomes part of the network, so it can use WINS server within that network (if
one available of course) to browse Windows Network.

Best regards,
Dmitry