[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "K.C. Callis" <k underscore c underscore callis at hotmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive portals and multiple access points
 Date:  Sat, 15 Jan 2005 22:28:41 -0500
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:24:30 -0800, K.C. Callis <k underscore c underscore callis at hotmail dot com> wrote:

> Again, on the AP routers, I used an address from the DMZ interface as my
> gateway. My real question is, will the wireless clients be able to
> authenticated on the Captive Portal?

No because the AP's aren't bridged.  If you bridge them, then captive
portal will work.  It relies upon MAC addresses, and since the
wireless clients are behind an AP that isn't bridged, the only MAC
captive portal will see is the MAC of the AP.  Once the first client
authenticates, anyone else on that AP will have access.

-Chris