[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mika <mikata at gmail dot com>
 To:  Manickam Murugan <Admin at easybrowsing dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to Restrict Bandwidth on HTTP download
 Date:  Sun, 16 Jan 2005 14:04:51 +0100
> Is there any way, we can apply bandwidth restriction to HTTP DOWNLOAD
> without restricting the General Browsing ( eg. google, hotmail,
> yahoomail, etc, )?.
>
> We tried with a pipe and rule with the packet-length of 1024-1500 or
> 500-1500, etc.
> But, this restriction also affects the General Browsing.

I dont think there is a possibility to shrink downloading while not
doing so with normal browsing. Thats just because websites are
normally larger than 1500 bytes - they act like normal downloads - or
look at pictures with some hundret kilobytes.

The only possibility I can imagine is to get a tool working on mono
that decreases the speed a connection gets with the time it runs. Long
lasting connections like downloads could be slowed down while short
downloads get full speed?! Maybe an addition to the wishlist?