[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  William Arlofski <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  Peter Parnican <peter at procad dot sk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] webGui from WAN - 1.2b3
 Date:  Sun, 16 Jan 2005 14:41:34 -0500
Hi Peter.

I would point it to 127.0.0.1, not your internal LAN IP. (probably not
an issue though)

It is a two-part process to allow what you want. You did step #2, but
missed step #1. :)

Step #1:  You need to make sure that you have an INBOUND NAT rule
configured to map incoming WAN conections on port 81 to 127.0.0.1

Step #2: THEN you add the firewall rule to actually alow these
connections in.

To save time, can even select "Auto-add a firewall rule to permit
traffic through this NAT rule" when adding the INBOUND NAT rule so there
is no need for step #2 in that case. :)

If, however, you are like me and are a bit anal retentive about who is
allowed to connect to your web GUI on the M0n0, you might consider
visiting the firewall rules and limit the SOURCE IP to an IP or block of
IPs that you own so that the whole world is not allowed to hit the web
interface.

Cheers!

Bill Arlofski
waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com