[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark IT - Hilton Travis" <hilton at quarkit dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Date:  Tue, 18 Jan 2005 02:51:10 +1000
Hi All,

In case anyone is *seriously* interested in moving this list to Gmail,
please have a read of their T&C.  As people are quite possibly aware, I
refuse to send business-related email to people with MSN and Hotmail
accounts as there are certain parts of their T&C I refuse to comply
with.  There is *more* that I disagree with in the Gmail T&C than in
Hotmail's.  It is definitely a service that you do not want to use if
you value your privacy and the copyright of your information in any way
at all.

Any security-based mailing list that moves to gmail must surely be like
using telnet to administer a security device across the Internet.
Totally inappropriate.

As for an invite - I've received a great deal, and have always and will
always refuse to join Gmail.  The good thing with Gmail compared to
Hotmail/MSN is that Google are up-front with what they choose to do with
your content.

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                          Phone: +61 (0)7 3344 3889