[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "K.C. Callis" <k underscore c underscore callis at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive portals and multiple access points
 Date:  Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:24:30 -0800
Because of our setup. we had to implement wireless routers to support
distant clients. To what is currently done is set the WAN address to one of
the IP address on our monowall box, and internally on the AP router, do DHCP
for the clients on the otherside of that particular AP.

                                              monowall

INTERNAL/192.168.0.0/24
DMZ/192.168.100.0/24

____________________________

                                                               AP
                                   AP
                                                          10.0.0.1
                             10.0.2.1

                                                       Wireless Clients
(DHCP)                  Wireless Clients (DHCP)

Again, on the AP routers, I used an address from the DMZ interface as my
gateway. My real question is, will the wireless clients be able to
authenticated on the Captive Portal?

Kim Callis