[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Date:  Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:47:04 -0000
I agree with Hilton, I'm avoiding gmail like the plague and I'd be very
concerned about any attempt to move the mailing list away from the
community's control and administration. It's not just the privacy aspects
that bother me - with yahoogroups, gmail, or any of these, you're getting
something for nothing, which (from the little I remember from my college law
course) means they can pretty much terminate your list/email addy at any
time they see fit.

To be honest, most modern mail clients have a pretty good "arrange by
conversation" mode which handles mailing lists fairly well. I've been doing
this on windows boxes since about Outlook 2000 time (it's a lot better in
2003, btw), and on the *nix side you've got plenty of mail clients also
capable of this (Evolution certainly ranks amongst the top I'd say).

Regards,

Chris
--
C.M. Bagnall, Partner, Minotaur
Tel: (07010) 710715   Mobile: (07811) 332969   ICQ: 13350579