[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "binderda at gmx dot at" <binderda at gmx dot at>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Please help me with this configuration! Is it possible?
 Date:  Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:52:00 +0100 (MET)
Hi @all!

I have the following problem(sorry for the long text):

I have two routers in different locations, each location has an uplink to
the main network, each router should make one subnet and should use static
IPs on the external interface.
All must run without NAT!

Both subnets connection to each other is limited in speed :(

Each router has 3 network-Cards inside, so I want to connect the two subnets
over the 3rd network-card(direct connection between the routers)

I think I will need static routing to do the following:

If PC1 from Network 1 wants to talk with PC1 from Network 2 it should use
the direct connection and NOT USE the connection to the main-Network.

Monowall is a very cool software, so I want to use it on the routers. >Is
this possible or I'm just draming around?

Please write back even you don't know the exact solution! Thanks!

greetz Daniel

--
GMX im TV ... Die Gedanken sind frei ... Schon gesehen?
Jetzt Spot online ansehen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/tv-spot