[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent Fleuranceau <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  mk at neon1 dot net
 Subject:  m0n0wall 1.2b3 - Error with PPPoE idle timeout
 Date:  Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:06:03 +0100
Hi all,

I've just discovered that when my PPPoE session went down (for any
unknown reason...) I needed to re-activate it by hand via the WebGUI.
Shame on me: I had not noticed this change since 1.2b2 :-(

So I've decided to use the "Dial on demand" feature with idle timeout
set to 0 ( = never disconnect even if there is no traffic, if I
understand well).

The problem is that I get an error message whatever I do. If leave the
field blank, I get: "The field 'Idle timeout value' is required."
(that's OK). But when I try to set the value to zero, I get the same
error...

- Am I missing something?
- Has anyone experienced this problem before (m0n0wall 1.2b3 of course)?
- Is this a bug in the input validation code?

More: I must mention that I did not noticed the need for me to activate
the new "Dial on demand" feature since the PPPoE session has always got
established after a reboot. I just need to care of it when there are
troubles with the DSL line itself. Can someone give me some
clarification on this topic?

Cheers,

-- Vincent