[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.2b3 - Error with PPPoE idle timeout
 Date:  Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:15:25 +0100
Hi Vincent!

Am Dienstag, den 18.01.2005, 18:21 +0100 schrieb Vincent Fleuranceau:

> So: do you see a problem if I use dial-on-demand with a high value (say
> 300 sec.) idle time-out? In fact I trigger the link every 60 seconds
> with a simple ping (to keep my IPsec tunnel running), so the time-out
> case should never occur. Will that help MPD detect the loss of DSL link
> and then reconnect?

You won't gain anything by using dial-on-demand. As I said earlier: MPD
will try to reconnect by default. At least mine does. Take a look at
your log entries and you'll see.

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |   _-_     RIP is irrelevant. Spoofing is futile. Your
 Peter Allgeyer | 0(o_o)0   routes will be aggregated.  -- Alex Yuriev