[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Advanced NAT is it u bug or what?
 Date:  Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:30:06 -0500
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:27:10 +0100, Miodrag Kovacev <miodragk at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Everything is correctly configured, as You said! Sorry, but I can't
> send You my status file becase it is my fully configured PPTP server,
> IPsec server for mobile clients...etc, etc

There's no harm in sending an anonymized config.xml, especially via
email offlist.  status.php takes out the passwords, and you can change
the IP's with a find and replace in your favorite text editor, but
leave them consistent (i.e. change 192.168.1.1 to 10.0.0.1 throughout,
for example).  If you're so concerned with obscurity, you shouldn't
post your name, position, company, company website and email, phone
numbers, etc. in a public post archived forever by Google and who
knows what all else, about your firewall and network configuration.

As Peter said, with more complex setups like this, it'll be extremely
difficult to help without it.

-Chris