[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rhon-Kaniel Bramwell <rhonkaniel at anngel dot com>
 To:  pmok at optushome dot com dot au
 Cc:  Jim at stahlin dot net, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Performance question
 Date:  Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:41:24 -0500
If you guys want a test... Lets think about this..

I use m0n0wall on my network as the edge firewall.. I have it directly
routing about 5000 users to the internet (albeit around 400 - 500 at any
one time) and my m0n0wall runs fine.. Its currently running on a AMD
Athlon XP 2700 box with 512MB DDR running m0n0 1.2b3, my load on my proc
goes to about 15% and memory usage 10% (highest ive ever seen it).. The
box runs four different nics  (all 3com cards) and its the best firewall
ive ever used on my network.

Regards

:)