[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Kim C. Callis" <kim dot callis at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] MRTG vs Adobe
 Date:  Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:21:37 -0500
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:34:56 -0800, Kim C. Callis <kim dot callis at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Is there a particular reason why Adobe SVG vs something like doing
> MRTG? I am forced to fireup Internet Explorer if I want to see the
> traffic graphs. That, of course, takes from the enjoyment of using
> Firefox. Unless someone is out there to tell me how to successfully
> get SVG working under Firefox.

In addition to the link previously posted, this might help.

SVG and something like MRTG serve two different purposes really.  It's
real time vs. historical data.  I find SVG is useful for many things,
and also maintain ifgraph for historical data.  When you want/need to
look at throughput in real time, historical graphing tools aren't
nearly as useful.