[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Kim C. Callis" <kim dot callis at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] MRTG vs Adobe
 Date:  Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:21:37 -0500
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:34:56 -0800, Kim C. Callis <kim dot callis at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Is there a particular reason why Adobe SVG vs something like doing
> MRTG? I am forced to fireup Internet Explorer if I want to see the
> traffic graphs. That, of course, takes from the enjoyment of using
> Firefox. Unless someone is out there to tell me how to successfully
> get SVG working under Firefox.

In addition to the link previously posted, this might help.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/thirdparty-firefoxsvg.html

SVG and something like MRTG serve two different purposes really.  It's
real time vs. historical data.  I find SVG is useful for many things,
and also maintain ifgraph for historical data.  When you want/need to
look at throughput in real time, historical graphing tools aren't
nearly as useful.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/thirdparty-ifgraph.html

-Chris