[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Krzysztof Syguda" <krzys at wroclaw dot dialog dot net dot pl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Redirect again - NAT -features request
 Date:  Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:58:16 +0100
Hi
I ask it again

I have 2 interfaces -LAN and OPT1
LAN-10.1.1.3/24
OPT1 -10.1.4.3/24
I need m0n0wall to "simulate" (alias?) 10.1.1.2 address on LAN interface and
forward all traffic to host with IP 10.1.1.2 to: 10.1.4.2
I use proxy arp to respond on arp rexuest, but I dont know how to forward it.
In linux it is very simple using IP tables.
I have trayed do that using NAT in m0n0wall.
It is possible when I change my LAN and OPT1 network only. After then I can
do NAT from OPT1 to LAN. but I can't do NAT from WAN to OPT1.

It is something wrong I think. If I have Vlans or more than 1 LAN subnets and
all of them are private they shoud be EQUIVALENT

M0n0wall gurus -is it possible to rebuild NAT functions in m0n0wall to do
 - NAT/PAT between subnets or add "redirect" function in firewall.
- add TTL (set TTL value to destination IP/subnet ) function in firewall

Thought for the day:
    The only thing that hurts more than paying income tax
    is not having to pay income tax.