[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lady Ath" <ladyath at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  A few questions...
 Date:  Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:03:21 +0000
Hi everyone
I hope someone can help me with these...

1) Is it possible to assign more than one IP to an alias or somehow group
them?  For instance, if I have 4 mail servers, do I have to specifiy
firewall rules for each one or can I somehow group them?

2) Under the captive portal tab there is the option to change the radius
login to HTTPS, but one of the settings it asks for is the HTTPS server.
What am I supposed to enter here?  How do I link that server to the
certificate?  Basically I have had to create the certs on a seperate Linux
PC and paste them in the M0n0 page as I do not have access to the radius
server.  How can I configure it to work properly as I'd like the radius
login to be encrypted.

3) OpenVPN...I have looked at the OpenVPN site as well as the docs in the
FAQ, but I am still getting stuck.  How do I get the clients set up to
connect via the VPN?  I need to somehow force all client traffic to ONLY go
to the M0n0 gateway and nowhere else - with as little configuration as
possible.  Any advice?  I have been trying searches in the archive, but the
50 post limit is making it difficult to find all the info.

4) Handheld devices...can they use OpenVPN?  Or how can I get them to just
use Captive Portal and everyone else use VPN.  Also, how would the IMAP4
rules work on M0n0wall?

Sorry to be such a newbie, but I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Research SA schools and varsities on MSN Search. http://search.msn.co.za