[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Curran <lists at closeconsultants dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] A few questions...
 Date:  Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:20:12 +0000
> 3) OpenVPN...I have looked at the OpenVPN site as well as the docs in the
> FAQ, but I am still getting stuck.  How do I get the clients set up to
> connect via the VPN?  I need to somehow force all client traffic to ONLY go
> to the M0n0 gateway and nowhere else - with as little configuration as
> possible.  Any advice?  I have been trying searches in the archive, but the
> 50 post limit is making it difficult to find all the info.

Install the client software.
Add a config that includes a valid client cert, key and the ca cert; add the
line 'pull' and the line 'remote m0n0' where m0n0=FQDN or IP of the server.

If you want to force all traffic to the VPN then use the 'redirect gateway'
option on the server.

> 4) Handheld devices...can they use OpenVPN?

The last time I checked, OpenVPN client software was not yet available for PDA
type devices.  No sure why and I guess somebody is working on it.

Peter

Peter Curran				  Leveraging Internet Technology
Close Consultants			       for Businesses
p: +44-1225-463700
f: +44-1225-463705
e: peter at closeconsultants dot com
sip: peter at closeconsultants dot com