[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  possible IPSEC-Bug in 1.2b3? please verify if possible
 Date:  Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:22:54 +0100
Hi,

I have 2 m0n0s running with pppoe-connection, one with static IP, one with dynamic IP.
I configured an IPSEC, the static one is accepting mobile clients, the dynamic one is tunnelling to
the static IP. The problem is the following:

The logs of the static m0n0 show, that the request
of the dynamic m0n0 comes in, after that it tries to generate a key which exits with an error and

but it is most common, that the next keyexchange fails then (the reauthorisation after the lifetime
has expired).
I downgraded first the dynamic m0n0 to 1.11 with no success, still the same errors. After that I
downgraded the static m0n0 to 1.11 and since this there
were no problems with the tunnel any more. The config.xml is still the same, as I only downgraded
the firmware of the running system without changing

several times.

Kind regards,
Holger Bauer

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit