[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  ranbir sandhu <m3freak at rogers dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VLANs and bridging
 Date:  Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:28:19 -0500 (EST)
Hello,

This is my first message to this list: hi to everyone.

I have a question about m0n0wall's VLAN and bridging
features.  Would I be able to create multiple VLAN
interfaces and bridge some of them with the WAN
interface so that there is no NAT for some WAN IPs,
but there is NAT for others??

I've searched through the mailing list and I've found
a few threads/posts that indicate to me that this
would be possible.  However, never having actually
used m0n0wall, I'm not entirely sure, especially since
the VLAN interfaces won't be "real".

BTW, anyone try the Linksys NICs with 802.1Q support
(e.g. LNE100) with m0n0wall?

Thanks in advance,

Ranbir
--