[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  John <naverxp at yahoo dot com dot sg>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive Portal + LAN Deny All + Access Points
 Date:  Sat, 22 Jan 2005 02:51:39 +0800
Hi
First come first, I've got m0n0wall running for about a week, its been
stable. Hurray!

--------------
| internet |
--------------

|m0n0wall|----------- DMZ

|--------------
| | |
AP PC1 PC2

This time i've added a Access Point to my internal network and
incorporated Captive Portal & PPTP. Logically speaking, this makes only
users with PPTP accounts granted access to all network + WAN.

So i drafted out these set of rules:
- LAN Deny All
- PPTP Allow 80, 443, 110, 25
- WAN Allow Identd
- Captive Portal Enabled without Radius

But whenever i perform, LAN Deny All, my captive portal won't work.
(however i can still dial vpn)
it is only when i do a, LAN Allow All, my captive portal resumes its
function. But this isn't what i want.

How do i fix this issue according to my scenario?
Thanks.