[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kim C. Callis" <kim dot callis at gmail dot com>
 To:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Some guidance to sort through problems...
 Date:  Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:30:09 -0800
I am dealing with a company that is trying to provide WLAN  service
for a wide area. One of the sites is a hotel that is connected to
D-Link 2700AP acting as AP for 20 wirless cameras as well as 20 users.
I suggested that they add in a mono box to actually route all traffic
with the 2700 providing conectivity on the LAN side, and on the WAN
interface I have a D-Link 2100 acting as a wireless client to
connected to the wireless backhaul.

The problem that I am having is that I don't know how to generate any
information to show the mono box is working flawlessly. After I
implemented the mono box, the PTBs (Powers That Be), said that the
problem is with the mono box. All of a sudden they are having problems
with keeping the cameras associated to the access point, etc.

My belief is that the APs are not up to the challenge of supporting
the traffic of the wireless cameras and users. My question is, is
there any way that I can use mono via logs or any additional programs
to show that the failure is on the side of the APs and clients, and
that mono is properly working....

I am a Linux person, so I am just coming up to speed on the FreeBSD
side of things... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
When It Absolutely, Positively has to be Destroyed Overnight!!!

      1-(800) MARINES
Kim C. Callis
kim dot callis at gmail dot com