[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kasper Pedersen" <m0n0list dash kkp at kasperkp dot dk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  1.2 beta 3 died today
 Date:  Sat, 22 Jan 2005 20:44:12 +0100
To satisfy my craving for new features, I installed 1.2b3 on a spare CV860A
box yesterday (15*20 cm, 800MHz Ezra cpu, 3*realtek) and had some fun with
it.
I may not be normal, but I have a total of 3 interfaces and 23 VLANs*.

The new rule view is better in this situation.

Then I deleted around 15 interfaces (starting with OPT1, to which the VLANs
were tied, but the first few deletes went well). I clicked the topmost
delete-cross faster than it could refresh the page, m0n0 stopped responding,
and I went for a cup of coffee.

After a reboot it said:
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c
WARNING: /cf was not properly dismounted
Found configuration on ad2.
WARNING: /cf was not properly dismounted
XML error: no m0n0wall object found!
XML error: no m0n0wall object found!
http://taur.dk/b/m0n0dead.jpg

reset to factory defaults didn't help.

Curiously, when I opened up the box to get the flash card the processor was
unusually hot. When it's running 1.11 it's only lukewarm.

This is the third such fatality I've had. The two others were on the same
kind but different board, different flash card (this one is an 8MB SanDisk),
pre-1.0 version, when editing rules.

/Kasper Pedersen

*and this is also the reason I'm using m0n0wall in the first place.