[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak at rogers dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Configuration for VLANs an multiple WAN IPs
 Date:  Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:03:17 -0500
Hello,

Well, I'm completely confused.  I was hoping someone would give me a
heads up with my last post, but maybe this one will draw a bit more
interest.

First, let me explain what I want to accomplish:

                        Internet

                        DSL Modem

                         m0n0wall  (2 WAN IPs, more in future)

     (OPT 3) VLAN 1----Layer 2 switch (for VLANs at first)
        (192.168.0.x)     /     \
                         /       \
              (OPT 2) VLAN 2      \
              (192.168.0.x)     VLAN 3 (OPT 1)
                                (Public IP 2)

I want to setup VLANs 1 and 2 on the LAN interface of m0n0wall, sharing
Public IP 1. VLAN 3 has to be assigned Public IP 2.

I've downloaded the CD version of m0n0wall and I'm playing with it right
now.  It's been easy enough assigning IPs to the WAN and LAN interfaces,
and setting up VLANs 1 and 2.  However, I'm confused with VLAN 3.

VLAN 3's parent interface is the LAN interface, but should it be
assigned Public IP 2 on VLAN 3's interface screen (OPT 1), and then use
Proxy ARP for that public IP?  Server or 1:1 NAT is out of the question.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ranbir
--